2.13.2012

Scruptious Indulgence

Those are the two words I would use to sum up my weekend. To our demise, Daniel and I love to cook and thus LOVE to eat. A year ago this week we were in the French Quarter so to commemorate we made Muffaletta's, a classic New Orleans sandwich.

You start by roughly processing pickled Italian vegetables, green olives, kalamata olives, capers, pepperoncini, fresh garlic, and a little olive oil.
To make the spread.
Then you put it on french bread with provolone, ham, pepperoni, and salami. Very simple and CRAZY tasty!
We broiled ours for about five minutes just to meld the cheese and ham flavors together. I thought I'd throw out an optional idea if you want to celebrate Mardi Gras with food versus beads and bare flesh but to each their own. I guess you could actually incorporate both together.... Hmm, I didn't think of that before.

No comments: