2.07.2012

I felt like ass all weekend with sinus issues, a headache, and body aches. The only thing I wanted to do was lounge on the couch with my blankie… oh, and install my new dishwasher. Ironically, installing the effing dishwasher ended up consuming all my lounging time thanks to outlets that have a mind of their own. It wouldn't work plugged into the outlet under the sink but it would work sitting ON my counter top plugged into the wall. The whole afternoon was one big WTF??

Just as we reached the point that we thought the new dishwasher would look stunning thrown out in the yard, we decided to break off and go downtown. We had made plans to go to the Jazzhaus to celebrate a friend’s birthday, listen to some live music, and watch the KU game. I love going to the Jazzhaus; the music is good but the people watching is prime. The featured band Saturday night played primarily 60’s British rock. Based on the enthusiasm of the crowd I’m sure several of them were reliving acid flashbacks and enjoying it. Well almost everyone had a good time. We were so mesmerized and pissed off by the game on TV that none of us noticed the paramedics giving some guy CPR. Now that is how you know you are partying with an older crowd. The firetruck sitting outside the club was our cue it was time to go home. A twelve pack of comfort food from Taco Bell later and I was finally lounging on my couch with my blankie. 

Sunday the fight with the dishwasher continued up until two hours before our Super Bowl get-together. Poor Daniel didn’t feel much better but he ultimately won out against the obstinate electrical issues and now the dishwasher runs like a very quiet, smart washing, sanitizing dream. It also looks a helluva lot better in the kitchen than it would have in pieces in my yard.

No comments: