9.26.2011

There Wasn't Even A Prayer

We attended an unusually casual wedding this weekend. If I had been wearing a beer slogan-ed t-shirt and jeans no one would have looked at me twice. But noooo, I had to go get all "fancy" and wear dress pants with heels, FFS. (That was sarcasm in case you wondered). The wedding was held at the couple's farm over-looking lake Perry. It was actually a beautiful setting once you got past the llama pen and all their ummm.., deposits. The party had apparently started the night before and a few of the guests were camping on the property. The first keg of beer was tapped around 2:00 pm and the wedding started at 4:00. I can honestly say this was the first wedding I've ever been to where you were allowed to drink during the ceremony.  Just when I think I've witnessed the cherry of redneckism.. it just keeps getting better. The entire service maybe lasted 7 minutes and went something like this;
"Do you?"
"Yep."
"Do you?"
"Uh huh."
"Okey dokey then. Kiss your bride and let's eat some pig!"

No comments: