9.23.2011

My Suggestion, Lot's of Calcium.


Finding a new hairdresser is hard enough but having to find one to suit a 13 year old is nearly impossible. We didn’t realize how good we had it in Clay. (We miss you Dani)! Gen has been planning this weekend for months ever since her dad told her he would be going to Clay for Piotique. She would finally have a chance to see her old friends and so she desperately wanted her hair cut. I got all three of us appointments at a new place near our house because we have not had good luck with the other couple of places we have tried. Gen only wanted her hair trimmed, and her bangs layered but left long. She even showed the lady a picture on her iPod which she simply glanced at before putting Gen in a chair. I don’t know if this woman was high, mentally challenged, or blind but she basically did the opposite of what Gen told her she wanted. Hell, maybe she was the freaking janitor! That would certainly explain her skill level because it looked horr-i-ble!

Syd’s hair turned out better however she was pissed because 1. Again, the woman didn’t cut it the way she wanted and 2. It didn’t look any different. I told her to consider herself lucky. 

When my turn came I said, “Uhhh… not only no but HELL NO!” and we got outta there. That’s when the tears started…, and kept going…., and going…., and continued until bedtime. Gentry ate dinner in her room, curled up under her blankets with a roll of toilet paper; her pretty little peepers sad and red. I knew exactly how she felt and I knew there was absolutely nothing I could say to make it better.  Most of us women have a long history of bad haircuts, perms, and coloring disasters.  Thank goodness the shit grows out! 

The next morning she discovered she could still pin it back so she was better, happy even and I sighed with relief. So even though they didn't get the results they were hoping for, both girls are off to reconnect with old buddies and I am missing them already. *sigh*  

No comments: