9.08.2011

Color Me Happy!

Months of driving around looking at different colors on houses had me convinced that I needed to paint my house some shade of brown or green and the darker the more dramatic it would be.  However, after several trips across town to Home Depot and $30 in paint samples, I absolutely hated every color I picked and my house resembled a hideous patchwork quilt.  
So Friday morning I dropped the girls at school, grabbed some coffee, and Daniel and I took off (again) for Home Depot because I STILL did not have a color picked out. Twenty minutes later I’m standing amidst a plethora of colors in my jammie sweats, close to tears, and fighting the urge to have a complete meltdown in the paint aisle.  Okay, maybe I did meltdown a little and was very close to just grabbing a color and then I saw it; GREY! One more sample and one more trip to Home Depot later and I was a happy camper beginning to transform our home. 
I still have the trim to touch up and I want to change the accent color but already the change is positive. A big, HUGE thank you to my fearless, strong painting buddy who (thankfully) is not afraid of teetering on 20 ft ladders and who also didn't give up on me when I was so close to breaking.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Beautiful! Nice choice. Looking forward to seeing it when you've decided on the trim color ... hopefully without another breakdown. That's much too stressful! Enjoy your new curb appeal.
Miss you!

Cj's World said...

Thanks Rebecca! We are enjoying it.. so much more soothing and every morning as we pull away we say, "bye-bye pretty house!"