8.29.2011

Still Surviving

Friday night we went to see the band Survivor in the KC Power and Light District. It was an outdoor venue so the acoustics weren’t great but still very cool to see them perform. The only thing that annoyed me was the excessive amount of guitar solos that left me saying, “Dude, we get it; you are a REALLY talented guitarist. Now please move on because much like you, I’m not getting any younger.” 

The crowd was primarily composed of people in their late forties to early fifties who were probably in college at the height of Survivor’s popularity and we had a lot of fun people watching while enjoying a Cubana cigar from Maker's Mark. There was a whole lotta fifty-something over-tan cougar wannabe’s that should have looked in a full length mirror before stepping into public.  That or they need a teenager like mine that won’t think twice about calling you out on a clothing choice. It can be a downright brutal experience.  The woman in the hot pink club dress who clearly had made a conscious decision not to wear any undergarments definitely could have used a wardrobe intervention. (Just don’t ask me how we unfortunately discovered that little tidbit. I almost have that image out of my head.) Anyway, our next trip to the ol’ P&L is in a couple weeks to see Uncle Kracker perform and I begged to go. More importantly I promised not to wear something that would show my who-ha to a crowd of gawking strangers.  *shudder*


2 comments:

Alicia said...

Heh heh heh....you said WHO-HA! ;)

Cj's World said...

Thought you would appreciate a good 'who-ha' reference Al. *wink wink*