8.25.2011

Picture this. You walk into an outdoor party only to discover six (already drunk) people all standing around a wooden stump wielding a hammer and slamming down jello shots.  Would you drop your cooler, run in and yell “Oh, oh, me next!”?  Or, would you mutter a “WTF?” put on the brakes and slowly try to back out of the fence before any of them saw you? 

That was the scene we first encountered Saturday night when we attended my coworker’s birthday party.  The first scenario, dropping the cooler and joining in was me. The latter option of making a run for it is exactly what Daniel wanted to do only I was his ride home.  Ha, ha sucka! 

The game they were playing was called ‘Stump’ (original huh). Everyone has a nail in the stump and the object is to pass around the hammer, take one swing to try and pound in someone else’s nail before yours is sunk.  The last nail standing wins.  

I wasn't any good at the hammer game however they did have a larger scale version of beer pong that I kicked ass in! They had 5-gallon buckets full of water stationed at each end of the yard and we had to throw tennis balls at them. There were some other games but soon it was too dark to play and I sure as hell wasn’t going to stand next to a drunk dude swinging a hammer!   

It was an interesting night and definitely gave us plenty to talk about the next day. I think everyone should partake in at least one redneck yard party each summer. We had ours so... ‘Check!’

No comments: