8.23.2011

Nighty Night


Gen tried to strike a deal with me on some new locker decorations. They HAVE to match and what do you know, Pottery Barn has exactly what she wants..  to the tune of $47; for locker decorations. Ridiculous.  Anyway, she said if I would go ahead and order them, she would work to pay me back. (Hmmm…. Seems to me I’ve heard this song before).  I stood my ground and told her I’d need to see some work out of her first and she could start by mowing the yard. 

To make a short story, long… she was too wiped out to mow so I did it myself. Monday night was the only night we had free this week and so it had to be done. I advised her that since she was so “wiped out” that she needed to go to bed early especially since she was too tired to mow. She knew exactly what I was getting at and agreed but didn’t think she’d be able to sleep. I went and got her a Tylenol however I didn’t tell her it was Tylenol; I didn’t tell her what it was at all. I simply told her to take it, that it would help her sleep. After she took it, she said, 

“Was that a sleeping pill?”
“It will help you sleep.”
“Mom, did you give me a sleeping pill??”
(Me, smiling evilly), “You might wanna get your jammies on… soon.”
“Mom! (stuttering) That’s illegal!” 

The mind is a powerful tool and I just thought if she thought she was given a sleeping pill, maybe her mind would convince her she was sleepy. But, it really was just a Tylenol. I’m not totally evil and besides, it did help her relax and she was asleep at a good time. 

The moral of this story is; if you want your mom to buy you overpriced locker decorations but you aren’t willing to work for them, you can bet I’m going to mess with your head to make a point.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Hmmm....taking notes on how to crawl inside a teenager's mind. GENIUS! I am your young grasshopper. Teach me more!