8.18.2011

First Day Back


When I was in school I never left the house on the first day back without being thoroughly prepared for anything and everything short of a natural disaster. By then I had already practiced my locker combination and had my schedule complete with room numbers memorized HOWEVER, I still had that information on me in the event I panicked and blanked. I still have nightmares about the bell ringing and I’m still trying to get my locker open. I wonder if I’ll still have these dreams when I’m in the nursing home in 40 years. 

Not Gen. The extent of her school supplies today were a pen and single piece of paper she had folded in her back pocket. I argued, “But what if you need another piece of paper? Don’t you want to take a notebook?”  Nope. She simply looked at me, stuck her hand up and said, “Mom. I got this.” I even printed off her schedule and locker combo but do you think she would even consider taking it with her? Hell nooooo!

The only rational conclusion is this is not my child. She MUST have been switched at birth with my logically thinking, OCD baby who is now wandering aimlessly searching for me but yet will be okay because she is carrying a backpack full of supplies.  

So, I drop the girls off at their schools and Gentry wasn’t even out of the car yet when I heard the screams of “Twiggy!” coming from the large herd of kids that were waiting outside the school. Her little cluster was anxiously waiting for her and now that I think about it I’m sure that is who she was texting the entire drive. 

OTW
Almost there
Yay, my mom is driving me crazy. She keeps nagging me about a stupid notebook.
I’m here!
I C U!

Teenagers have the most riveting text conversations.

No comments: