9.06.2010

I had been anticipating this Labor Day weekend ever since last November; the beginning of the college football season. This year especially for a number of reasons. First, going to KU football games is something my sister and I have established as "our thing." We always have a good time regardless of the outcome and this year we have the best seats we have ever had. Score! Second of all, living in Lawrence has given me what I have always longed for but missed out on; tailgating with friends. No more two hour drives rushing to get to town to make kick-off. My sister knows how pissy I get when I miss all the traditional pre-game events and if I miss kick-off, it's not pretty. I got really excited when I heard they are serving veggie burgers this year at the stadium. Oh my gosh.. that's a little slice of heaven in my world!


Lastly, this year I have workout dude and he loves the game just as much as I do. That is a huge thing we have in common and something I've never fully experienced with anyone else. He is a creative cook so we have big plans for elaborate tailgates with his buddies and my friends have made plans to come join us as well.

This is a rebuilding year for my team and our first game was ugly to say the least but we can only go up from here. It will be a struggle but as a fan I will keep the faith and even a bad day as a Jayhawk is better than not. Regardless of the score, experiencing Memorial Stadium like I am this year is what I have always wanted and I will absorb every minute of it while cheering for my Hawks and praying for a win.

Rock Chalk my friends!

No comments: