8.02.2010

45th

Yesterday, August 1st would have been my parents 45th wedding anniversary. It was a really hard Sunday for my mom and I didn't know what else to do except spend some time with her even though all I really wanted to do was escape back home. The girls and I took her to the Coachlight restaurant in Longford of all places. I spent a lot of time there as a kid for various family get-togethers so it seemed appropriate to revisit this blast from the past and dad always loved eating there. The girls had never been so Gen was asking what kind of food they serve. I told her they serve down home cooking; fried chicken, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, stuff like that. She said, "Ah, so old people food. Not that there is anything wrong with that because I like old people food!" After lunch I put on my IT hat and hooked up mom's computer router that she has been wanting done for quite a while. The severe technologically impaired crack me up. As I was driving back to the house I thought I'd better call her and clarify that she could now use her laptop to access the internet from anywhere in the house; she didn't have to sit in front of the router. You may think I'm kidding but I assure you I am not and her response was, "Oh! Even the basement?"

No comments: