6.17.2010

We aren't allowed to listen to our iPods when we work-out so I try to find other things to do to pass the time and concentrate on just finishing the route. Tonight I needed something to take my mind off my screaming calf muscles that I apparently did not get stretched out well enough so I made a few mental notes.

Guys, please don't wear black socks with your running shoes especially the ones that are about five inches high. Nothing says "I'm a dork" more than that.. well, unless you are wearing sandals but that's a whole other faux pas. Also, those tall athletic socks are out. It's not the '70's so leave them in the drawer. I also made a mental note that men look better jogging in sleeveless shirts than t-shirts. I'm not sure where that one came from and it's just my opinion but I noticed some dudes that would have looked a lot less gay if they had simply picked a different shirt. 

There are two other very important little tidbits I thought about tonight that are worth passing along. Ladies, even though there may be lots of eye candy running along side you, it's not a good idea to re-apply your eyeliner before leaving the house especially when it is 91 degrees. I'm not saying I did that... it's just good looking out and I'll leave it at that. 

Lastly, and most important. You don't have to be the first one to finish. It's perfectly okay once you find your rhythm to just cruise at your own pace and forget everyone else. However, you have to analyze the herd and move accordingly. The last thing you want is to get stuck behind the big guy that sweats profusely.. especially when it's windy. Ask me how I know. Yuck!

No comments: