6.20.2010

I am not use to my bestie TC texting me out of the blue to say "Hey, I'm off this weekend. What do you have planned?" So I was thrilled when it worked out that they would be able to meet us in KC for a play day at Worlds of Fun.  We met them there later in the day and all of us, with the exception of "Pops" rode the roller coasters well into the evening and closed down the park. Roller coasters aren't his thing but he didn't mind because he was making new friends sitting on the bench.

The park really is beautiful after dark and I wished I had my camera but it wasn't worth the risk of ruining my new Nikon. The roller coasters are even more exhilarating at night because you are not able to see what is ahead or around you. The girls L O V E D that especially Syd since she is now well over the 48" height requirement! All I know is by the time I got home we all smelled like pond water, we were exhausted, and my throat hurt from screaming but it was a perfect day with good friends.

The last time TC and I were at Worlds of Fun together we were probably in Junior High. We laughed at how much we have changed. We remember our parents use to turn us loose at the entrance and we would run all day around that place. The park seemed so much bigger then. Now we are more selective in what we ride concerned about whether or not it will make us sick and our energy level was clearly not as high. You know you are getting old when you look forward to the train ride just for the opportunity to sit and rest for a bit.

No comments: