3.14.2012

One of my BFF’s, “T” came to visit this past weekend. Her store in Joplin was demolished by the tornado and just recently re-opened. Since, she has been working 50-60 hour weeks and this was her first weekend off. I warned her in advance that we had kid commitments lined up but with the need to simply get the heck outta town they asked if they could tag along.

Saturday Gen had a bowling tournament while Sydney was in Overland Park for a softball tournament. We watched Gen bowl the best scratch series she has ever had, got her a victory chocolate milkshake, a nachos bell-grande, and consequently a tummy ache and then hurriedly headed east to watch Syd play. Gen decided she wanted to go live with “T” so she became mommy #2 and mommy #2 had a hard time saying no; thus the tummy ache. I felt the timing was perfect for mommy #2 to take over since Gen has an orthodontic consult for braces this week Needless to say I still have the child. When it was mentioned mommy #2 would have to give up her Coach purse a month habit, she quickly reconsidered.

Saturday night was seafood, drinks, and ice cream on Mass. We witnessed our city’s finest standing on a street corner with a large sign that read, “Honk for Hemp.”  Apparently you HAVE to honk; it’s a political statement. Sunday I felt a head cold brewing and by that evening I was a couch sloth, catching up on old DVR’d programs, wrapped in my blankie drinking hot ginger tea to sooth my throat. Certainly not the speed bump I wanted going into a week without Daniel. When he is gone I put extra pressure on myself to get certain tasks accomplished. This week my initial goals were to build (at least) two raised garden beds, sell an oven taking up space in my garage, and assemble two dressers for the girls. I’m still working on the list with two days to go. 

Meanwhile I get a picture of what Daniel’s office looks like this week. 

Eighty degrees outside and he's off being paid to be a river rat. Soooo not fair!

No comments: