1.30.2012

Something to Wine About

I wonder, at what point does one become a true Larryvillian. Is it the moment you smoke your first blunt or is it when you’ve been invited to your first alternative lifestyle party? Well if it’s the latter, I’m official and I have no idea if there were illegal substances present.  We were invited by a woman Daniel works with to their annual red wine tasting party.  There had to be at least 40 couples at this party and very few men (wink,wink).   Everyone brought a bottle of red wine to share so you can imagine the variety. Daniel picked out a bottle labeled “Sexy Red Bomb.” We thought that was pretty appropriate and would be a big hit with this particular venue.  We were right! 

Personally I wanted to get this bottle but I don’t know any of these women well enough to go there.
All joking aside, the party was very well planned,  elegant, and the food assortment was ah-maazing. I've never sampled so many different types of cheese. And sample I did, repeatedly thanks to hunger pains caused by some less than desirable tasting sushi I had right before. Note to self: Never eat sushi that has a face. *shudder* In planning my outfit for our evening out I  wondered if something low cut would send the wrong message. In the end I went with it. This decision was justified by the fact that Daniel could potentially wise up and  leave me tomorrow so it's always a good idea for a girl to keep her options open.


2 comments:

Rhy-Rhy said...

If they didn't find the "Bitch" bottle amusing, you could have just turned around and left because you would KNOW you were in the wrong company!

Wahhooo to low-cut - how many numbers did you get??

Cj's World said...

Unfortunately, NONE! I had too many things working against me; 1. My hair is too long & 2. Daniel never left me alone long enough to work a room.