12.12.2011

I must have a terrible sense of time. That's the only explanation for why I thought I'd be able to decorate for Christmas, make some crafty things I've been wanting to try, run kids to all their activities and still have TONS of time to watch movies and drink coffee and cream martini's. Yeeeea riiiight. I didn't anticipate having to go to three stores to find one important element of the craft idea and I sure didn't figure it would take three hours to decorate. However I'm not going to complain about the latter because it was worth it. From out in the garage I heard something that resembled singing... sort of. I peeked around the corner to witness my two goof-ball girlies acting out the Christmas song, "Who's got my socks" while prancing around the living room on their tippy-toes. They were even cracking each other up. The whole afternoon definitely created some memories that will be recalled in years to come.

I love the way the house looks decorated for the holidays, but I hate the mess and rearranging furniture. If I could afford to hire someone to come in and do set-up and tear down, I would. That's why I had kids. Syd took charge and kept things moving while Gen tried to look busy while putting out as little effort as possible.

No martini's but I did get to watch one movie and made some fun things (I'll post later). We even squeezed in some time to get a picture for Grandma.
Next weekend's to-do list:
  • Watch a movie without interruption.
  • Have at least ONE coffee & cream martini.

No comments: