8.12.2011

Casulty Gift

Among the things you never think you will hear, “Mom, I just found a dead baby bunny in my room” would have to be in the top 25. However, this was the call I got from Syd as I was driving to work this morning. My gut reaction was (first), GROSS! The second was, Dang Syd, exactly how long has it been since you cleaned your room?!?  Our precious killer kitty apparently wanted to show Syd how much she loves her by bringing her a small token of her affection. Hazel has a cat door that goes out to her favorite spot; the screened porch. She isn’t supposed to be able to get out into the yard but something definitely went array in her favor. 

I'm not proud to admit that I was kinda relieved she found it after I had already left the house and REALLY relieved when she said she didn't have a problem "taking care of the situation." On the bright side now there is one less varmint helping their furry little selves to what is left of my garden. My entire contribution to the situation was a text to her after the fact saying, "Be sure to wash your hands!" 

No comments: