7.19.2011

Week 7

It dawned on me today that I haven’t given an update lately on Chatty. She has become quite the staple at the 6:00am work-out and today was #22 for her. Only six more to go and she will earn her first shirt! The only considerable difference from seven weeks ago is that my bubbly, happy-go-lucky Chatty partner has turned into whiney McWhinerton.

I don’t wanna ruuun. Can’t I just check in and then sleep in the car until you are done?”  
"I hate hills! I never want to go up another hill as long as I live!" 

I have emphasized from day one that she can set her own pace; we don’t have to run together. We have kind of gotten into our own groove where we go at our own pace and then meet at our designated spot when we are done and it’s worked well. I don’t want her to burn herself out or be miserable and then not want to do it ever again. It’s hard work and she is the cutest lil’ stud muffin fo sho… even if she’s walking while her 40 year old mama out runs her. That’s right, I said it. I can officially out run my 10 year old! No brag, just fact. Whoo hooo! 

Hang in there Chatty, only two more weeks!

No comments: