7.25.2011

Free Time at Last!


“Okay, so no softball practice or tournaments this weekend; what should we do?”
“Let’s go to the lake!’ 

There’s nothing I enjoy more than frolicking in water with zero visibility, tainted with fish pee and worse. *ugh* But, that is how the majority ruled so off we went. We packed a picnic, stocked the cooler, aired up the girls’ inner tubes, and then drove all over Douglas County to find the last two remaining air mattress’ for Daniel and me. By golly we vowed if we were going, we were gonna be the ultimate bums by lounging on top of the water, getting some sun, and exerting the least amount of energy as possible.  Plus that way hopefully I could avoid getting any nasty water in my mouth or nose. The beach area at Clinton is really nice and this was my first trip. The girls have been numerous times and love it. The sand was a good 350 degrees but the fish water felt good as long as I didn’t dwell too much on what might be in it.  The girls also had fun playing in the “chocolate pudding” on the bottom of the lake. They REALLY enjoyed smearing it on us when we least expected it. Syd found out the hard way courtesy of her sister that it sure doesn’t taste anything like pudding. 

We rounded out our evening by first, showering then we grilled some dinner, the adults had mojitos on the patio, and finally we watched a movie until we couldn’t keep our eyes open any longer. I love the girls playing sports but I could reeeeally get used to spending my Saturdays this way.

No comments: