4.05.2011

Passing the Baton

Today I felt all those old jitters and feelings of anxiety return as I watched Gen line up for her events. I cringed when she passed the baton to the next runner in the 4x400 relay praying she wouldn't drop it or worse, wipe out stretching to make the connection. Gen realizes she is more of a long distance runner rather than a sprinter and so far the 400 is her strongest race. Today she earned 2nd place as the first leg of the 4x400 relay and third in the 400.
4-5-11 4x400 Relay - 2nd Place
See Gen run....
Run Genny ruuuuuun! 
There are three do-overs I would love to have and one of them is my regret of not staying in track and competing in college. That will always be a big 'what-if' in my world. Now my fat ass will just have to settle for winning that t-shirt at the conclusion of Dog Day's each summer.

No comments: