4.17.2011

Earth Day was over celebrated at our house this weekend. No, we didn't go downtown to watch the parade or run around barefoot with all the other hippies. (Lucky bastards)! No, instead we played in the earth right in the backyard. In fact we celebrated so much that I'm actually typing this with my nose because my hands hurt so freaking bad from all the raking and shoveling! For weeks I have been impatiently waiting to get my garden planted. The problem was 1. the ground was not anywhere near being plant ready and 2. mother nature has not been able to make up her mind as to what season it is. Saturday I said 'screw it' and planted.

Syd and one of her neighbor friends decided to celebrate in their own way by making the outdoors their personal little pillow oasis. Their plush pad was complete with some sort of concoction Syd made out of lemonade and orange Crush and hotdogs from the grill per their request.

The Grill Master/Root pulling He-Man

Oh, and Gen celebrated by not doing a darn thing other than playing on her computer all day; even outside by the fire. Next year I'm totally doing that too!

No comments: