3.09.2011

Teenager: Free to a good home... or just a home.

For those of you who are not yet blessed with a hormonal, pubescent, teenage child...I can't wait for you to join those of us living the misery and be sure to hold onto your hats AND your pocket book! I'm purposely and defiantly using those words because if Gen heard me say that she would roll her eyes like a toad in a hail storm, curl up her mouth, and look at me like I'm speaking "troll." (Sorry but I had to get a Charlie Sheen reference out of the way). My loving, respectful baby girl has morphed into an opinionated, self-centered, 82 lb, label obsessed mouth-piece in dire need of an ass-whoopin'. I like to think I'm out smarting her with words and sometimes when she just sits and fumes with that puzzled WTF look on her face, I start to think I'm "WINNING!" (Okay, that was the last one I promise). She wants me to treat her like a young adult by giving her more freedom yet still do all the little TLC things that a younger child needs. I have a feeling love is fixin' to get a little tougher here while we both figure this thing out. Oh no! I just realized I only have three years to get this shit figured out before Syd turns on me!

No comments: