3.14.2011

"Play Ball!"

Our softball season officially started this past weekend in, of all places, Missouri. As soon as I crossed the state line I felt my IQ drop and four teeth fell out. Okay maybe not but it was the last place I wanted to be while the Big 12 Championship game was going on. To compound things I couldn't find a radio station broadcasting the game so I had to rely on texts and ESPN mobile updates every 15 seconds. Of course the whole reason I was there was to watch Gen play so everything else was secondary. (Yes, I actually said that my kid was more important than a KU game. Mark it down)!

The girls participated in an indoor tournament; a first for our young team. It was held on the Western Missouri University campus in the Griffon Indoor Sports Complex. This complex is an indoor football field and just happens to be the summer home for the KC Chiefs.

Playing softball on a field marked for football proved to be a little tricky. With the paint and the lighting, some of the girls had trouble locating third base. As for us spectators, we were seated in the outfield so this was our view the entire time.
Sitting there I couldn't help but think, "Matt Casold has sweated on this field" however I did resist the urge to roll around on the turf.

No comments: