1.21.2011

Overzealous Energy Miser

As I was writing my previous post last night about how much I loathe cold weather and snow I may have been slightly influenced by how chilly it was inside my house. Not much, but eh maybe a little. Even with a fire going and the heat from the oven the house was still colder than usual. Before turning in I decided to check the thermostat.... 61 degrees? What in the holy hell? So I hit the program button and nothing happened. The whole system had been shut off! Then it hit me. Yesterday was a snow day for the girls so they were home. I got a text from Gen late afternoon asking if they could go down the street to a friend's house. I told her to make sure the the lights and the heater (as in SPACE HEATER) were shut off before they left and she took that to mean the central heat.  I swear I don't understand her thought process sometimes but believe me she DOES know the difference now!

61 degrees.... I despise winter....

No comments: