1.06.2011

Hawk Talk

Every Monday night at The Salty Iguana Bob Davis hosts "Hawk Talk with Bill Self." This past Monday Bon and I were lucky enough to fall into a front row table situation right in front of Bill. Since we were sitting right next to the board, we were asked if we wanted to wear the extra headset. Blake took a turn but decided it was too loud.
Pics courtesy of B.W
I love this picture not only because Blaker is lookin' super cute in his Selby jersey but also the look on Bob Newton's face in the background. 
Blake made the final decision to ditch the headset when the food arrived. Soon I heard Bob chuckling in my headset, "Ah he's discovered Iguana dip... the nectar of the gods." 
Notice he is already sporting his autographed KU hat. This kid has more autographs than all the little boys at school put together and he has no idea yet how cool that is!
I will always have an admiration for Coach Self because he is truly a class-act guy however I feel differently or rather indifferently towards him after this week. Work-out dude is convinced it's because I got the digits. Nope, just an autographed picture that says "Happy New Year" from a man who is high profile yet simply human.



No comments: