1.09.2011

Finally Resolving to Make Resolutions


I realize I should have made my resolution intentions eight days ago. What can I say except I wanted to carefully think about them first. Yes, I said "them" as in multiple. I figure if I make several and don't follow through on one I have some on stand-by so I don't look like a total failure. Plus I have received some good resolution ideas from some friends that added to my list. So here goes:

1. So much of 2010 was about "moving forward." I want 2011 to be focused on forgetting the past & making  happy memories with new beginnings. So that's number one and he gets first up because he is the most serious of the list.

2. I have this cute little house now with tons of potential. This spring I want to transform the backyard into a little oasis perhaps even with an outdoor fireplace/wood burning pizza oven. Yep I'm planning big! This past fall I got to taste a pizza from an outdoor oven at one of the wineries we visited and the flavor was incredible. I like the idea of having that at my fingertips to spoil my friends and family with on a regular basis.

3. Along with my backyard paradise I want to plant a vegetable and herb garden. This one will be easy, peasy!

4. Travel. This year will be a year of taking more trips despite the 70-75 games Gentry's softball coach said they will be playing this spring & summer. *Ugh!* They want a canoe trip so I've begun researching that plus I just finalized arrangements to visit New Orleans in a few weeks. I also have a close friend who is craving a relaxing trip with lots of sunshine so we will see what we can come up with to help her out there.

5. Exercise. I did so well last summer during Dog Day's and I want to continue that into 2011. We've already started running again (despite the freezing cold temps that sting my lungs). I don't complain except for every time we go. I hate running but I love the way it makes me feel when I'm done. Plus, I'm going to really need this resolution if I get that wood burning pizza oven installed!

Okay, so that's my list for 2011. It isn't overly exciting on paper but hopefully all this put together will make for some interesting entries and pictures.

1 comment:

Rhys said...

oooh I can hardly wait for that pizza! I'll be over to help with that backyard oasis, just as soon as I find my lye soap and the calomine...