11.02.2010

Louisburg Trip

Saturday we took a day off from working on our "to-do" list to enjoy a perfect warm Fall day in the country. I had to have a little chat with myself Saturday morning as I battled to over-come the feelings of anxiety about playing hookie. "Take a day off already!" So, I did.
Step #1- washing the apples at the Louisburg Apple Cider Mill
I'd heard some people talking about the Louisburg Apple Cider Mill so I thought we would check it out. On paper it looked interesting; complete with a 10 acre corn maze, farm animals, pumpkin patch, and hay rack rides. The hay allergy attack I had by the end of the day reminded me why I don't spend a lot of time outdoors this time of year but, oh well! The apple cider slushies and the apple donuts made up for that.
 

Just a mile down the road from the cider mill was a sign for Somerset  Ridge Winery so we thought we would check it out on the way home. The girls weren't thrilled; they said the place "smelled funny." So they drank root beer and ate their rock candy from the cider mill while we enjoyed a bottle of Buffalo Blush. 


Somerset Ridge Winery




No comments: