10.20.2010

In the past five months I have packed and unpacked two houses. I am so ready to tear down all these cardboard boxes and put them in storage for a very long time. This move was the last for quite a while. It feels so weird to think that I am in my very own home and scary to think I am responsible for everything now. The girls picked out some pretty wild colors for their rooms that I will post later and I have my own decorating ideas brewing as well. I am so impatient; I wish I could snap my fingers and have it the way it is envisioned in my head. We did get a really good start Friday. We started painting just as soon as I got the keys. Seeing some color on a few of these stark white walls was invigorating! My new place is steadily changing thanks to some great helpers and several late nights.
I even got a surprise visit from a couple of my besties on Saturday followed up with some fried pickles and baked oysters at our favorite place on Mass; Jefferson's!

From the minute I walked through the front door with my agent this house just felt like "home." It was a feeling I didn't get from any other property we viewed and I remember telling Gen that this house needed us. I know personally this place has already done wonders for me and it hasn't even been a week yet.

No comments: