10.21.2010

I am downright giddy today for a multitude of reasons. One of which is that my mom is coming to visit today to deliver some Halloween decorations for the girls and to see our new place. Tomorrow would have been dad's 68th birthday and I know that is one reason mom is coming to visit. She silently mourns the 22nd of every month saying, "Well you know what today is don't you?" since that is the day of the month dad passed away. I refuse to acknowledge that fact every month; it's just too much and I wish she didn't either. It's just ironic that he was born on that day as well. My dad loved this time of year. We loved spending our Sunday afternoons watching football on TV and yelling at the officials. The last game we watched together was an Alabama game; right before the SEC Championship. Another reason I'm giddy is I received my confirmation yesterday and all the arrangements are made for December to go to Nashville to watch the Titans. Absolutely nothing compares to the South during the holiday season and I can't wait to get back down there and soak it up. As far as 10-22-2010, there will be celebrating, reflecting, and some sadness. Unfortunately, it is all in the process of moving forward and I am so thankful to have the months ahead to look forward to.

No comments: