8.11.2010

The past seven days have definitely been hectic and chaotic and wonderful all at the same time. The girls and I are all moved in and today we even started our school routine for the year. It doesn't seem like school should be starting already but here we go!

This past weekend I was privileged to serve as Matron of Honor for one of my closest friends. The two of us went to Western Kansas a couple days early to take care of whatever we could prior to the big day on Saturday. I had no idea this would include country cruisin' in a 1970-something Chevy Silverado with iffy brakes and rusted fenders. My first vehicle was a yellow 1977 Chevy that could take a lickin' like a tank so this brought back a lot of really fun memories. Bushton KS truly encompasses a laid back atmosphere that was a welcome surprise after the two days prior I'd spent unloading a moving truck causing a multitude of bruises up and down my body. We did end up having to drive to the next town over just to fill my cooler but it was totally worth it when we spotted the Schartz Construction sign on the way back! (If you don't get that line, I'm not going to elaborate). The neighbor kids could play in the street without fear of traffic and we found ourselves perched on the porch drinking coffee in the morning and a cold beer in the evening. I know I couldn't live in a town of 200 people and the very limited cell coverage but it was a perfect getaway for some much needed R&R before all the wedding activities kicked in. I've already made plans to spend some more time in Western Kansas very soon.

No comments: