7.19.2010

Itty bitty Sydie not so itty bitty!

Syd has no clue what day of the week it is let alone the date. So as her birthday loomed closer, all she remembered was us saying we would have her party on Sunday. Therefore in her mind, her birthday was Sunday when actually it was Saturday. Gentry and I were messing with her and could have easily convinced her Monday was the big day but we couldn't keep straight faces.

Unfortunately for the birthday girl, she had to spend it in Concordia playing softball in the blistering heat. At the end of the afternoon I couldn't help but just sit and stare at this little person so plum tuckered out and sleeping so peacefully in the shade. It reminded me that she isn't so big; not yet.
This child blessed my world nine years ago and has been going full tilt every since. Just when I want to throw my hands in the air and scream, she pulls a 180 and surprises me. She possesses an amazing ability that is rarely seen and a determination that is undaunted when creatively motivated. Best of all, she breaks me down with her sporadically warped sense of humor.
We tried to convince her that Grandma bought a number "6" candle by mistake. It's hard to believe this is her last year in the single digits. *sigh*

Happy Birthday Sydie bitty!

No comments: