6.08.2010

Last week I got a message checking my availability to be the "surprise" for one of my dearest friend's birthday. Birthday's are a huge deal to me so there was no way I was going to let her down plus, I was really in the mood for an adventurous weekend although close to home.

Saturday I arrived at the Marriott in the Power & Light District of KC about an hour before the birthday girl. She had no idea that I was just on the other side of that adjoining door so imagine her shock when she answered a knock at the door only to have me say, "I heard someone here was having a birthday." I was then surprised to see her burst into tears.. happy ones thank goodness!

We had reservations at the 801 Chop House just a few blocks from the hotel so us girls got dressed up and off we went for wine, dinner, more wine, then concluded with three extremely succulent desserts. The only thing truly worth mentioning about the entire meal was the sweet peanut butter sauce that I insisted had honey in it but who knows. The food didn't matter to me because the atmosphere and the company was amazing. We tried to convince her we were all going to the Waffle House for dinner but she never bought it. She knows her husband much too well.

After dinner it was back to the hotel to change once again and go for a drive to The Edge of Hell. We had tickets for the "Ghosts and Gangster's Tour" that departed from KC's famous haunted house that sits at exactly 666 feet above sea level earning it the name, "Edge of Hell." To find out more about what this tour entails, you can check out my newest blog Trippin'
All of these pictures were taken at night in pure blackness. It wasn't until we reviewed our pictures that we saw what we had captured. In almost all of these pictures there are white orbs floating around. These are not sunspots or street lights, they are spirits that are only visible with the help of a flash and they were everywhere

In this picture our undead tour guide convinced me to go up to the door of this church with a mini tape recorder and ask the ghost of Father Jardine if he would speak to me. Check out the large spirit orb and the two smaller ones back by the door. Oh, and in case you are wondering, the ghost apparently had nothing to say to me.

 Sauer Castle was my favorite stop. We couldn't get very close because it is guarded by three very vicious dogs but it sits in on a hill in the middle of an older neighborhood. The stories surrounding this one property are extensive. 

We had just listened to the storyteller talk about a distraught woman who upon thinking her lover was dead, promptly went to the top of this tower and hung herself. Some people have reported seeing the image of something swinging in that tower. The wind picked up and as we stood there staring at the house. Suddenly a strip of white curtain swung out of that top tower window and a group of us about wet ourselves!






Just so you know, that is not the moon in the upper right corner.

No comments: