6.04.2010

The first week of workouts is finished and I survived. Whoo hoo! I have to admit having a couple of days "off" to let some muscles heal sounds like pure heaven. Even though it's a good pain, today my hamstrings were screaming with every step I took and my abs are so sore I don't dare cough. Man it sucks to get old!

Thursday we rushed through our workout of forward and backward sprints, lunges, shuffling, and laps at the football stadium to get to Blake's first night of Blast Ball. This is a program that teaches little tiny people the fundamentals of softball and gets them ready for T-ball. It was so cute! Blake and his bestie Vaughn are already very athletic for their age and I can totally see them playing baseball or even football when they get bigger.

The kids started out playing catch with a parent. Then the leaders had them hit a ball off the tee and run through first base. The fun part was when they stomped on first base, it would 'honk' at them! It was so cool except for the kids who didn't like the sound and couldn't swing the bat because they had their fingers in their ears. Not Blaker though; he couldn't get enough of it!
By the way, my nephew is a lefty and although his wind up looks extreme, he is very accurate with a ball.

No comments: