5.26.2010

It isn't very often that I get to babysit my nephew and there have been some times when I've watched him that were not pretty. Times when he wanted no one except mom and dad. Now that we are together almost every day it's easier and I know now all I have to do is say, "Hey, let's walk to the park" and I'm golden. Tonight mom and dad went to dinner and a movie for their anniversary so we stayed home. We played at the park for a while then played football in the backyard.  We giggled about drinking chocolate dog milk, ran around the house chasing each other with fly swatters, and then wrapped up the night with ice cream and bedtime stories... because that is what aunts do best. He just turned four and his little mind amazes me while his personality tickles my funny bone. Before bed he laid out his clothes for "baby school" tomorrow complete with his basketball muscle shirt and yellow bucket hat Grandpa Larry gave him for his birthday. He has been waiting anxiously for weeks for the weather to be warm enough so he could wear his muscle shirts. He is a little pickle for sure and I am so glad my sister was blessed with such a mischievous devil of a little boy!  

No comments: