5.24.2010

I hear the comment "I'm so glad I have boys!" from a lot of my co-workers, friends, and my sister. Girls, especially pre-teen girls are such a joy when they are hormonal, crazy moody, high maintenance, and mouthy as hell. I only got to see one of my girls for a few hours this whole week and it made me painfully aware that she is getting to the age where she needs me less and less (unless I'm willing to break out the checkbook and take her shopping of course). My little girl still like to dish out the hugs and especially now, she hugs and doesn't want to let go. That breaks my heart and melts it all at the same time. Sunday morning she crawled in my bed and fell back asleep on my shoulder. For a moment she was my tiny girl again and I found myself fighting back tears. I know they are going to become more independent and I want them to be. Things are just weird right now. I have to remember to treasure the little moments and not to expect too much.

No comments: