4.10.2010

Shrill screams, laughter, a plethora of good tunes, and 26 (give or take) 5th and 6th graders jacked up on pop and candy; Yep, that pretty much sums up Giggy's 12th birthday party. She wasn't sure what she wanted to do this year and I encouraged her to do something "big" knowing this will probably be her last celebration here. I got a great suggestion to have her party at one of the school gyms from a good friend who even offered to help so how could I resist! Gen picked out the food, the drinks, the color of the balloons, and sent out all the invites. To be honest, I had no idea how many kids were going to show up but it didn't matter because there was plenty of room for them to go crazy and burn off some energy. They had the most fun playing on the scooters. A line of them would join hands and then one (or two) of the boys would pull them and fling them around. Thankfully no one was inadvertently splattered against a wall.. but we had some close calls. Gen told everyone to bring their flashlight so once it got dark we started a round of flashlight tag. All the while, our DJ, "Diva Cole" laid down the tracks with the help of "Crazy Eye Bon." (I know I'm totally going to pay for writing that but if she hadn't deleted the picture, I could have proven how she earned the title.)

No comments: