2.28.2010

Full Moon















I had a two hour drive back from Wichita tonight and as it started to get dark I was scanning the sky to see the moon... but I couldn't find it! I started second guessing myself wondering if I had read the calendar wrong but I KNEW I hadn't. Finally it made it's appearance from behind the thick cloud cover just as we were starting our fire ceremony tonight. The illumination it gave off was powerful and absolutely amazing. 


This was my first fire ceremony. It was the first for the majority of us around the fire tonight. We prayed silently, we gave our past offerings to the fire and we gave thanks to God for his blessings. At the end of the evening we made plans to do this again, maybe even regularly now that we have a better idea of what to do. We left feeling refreshed and spiritually 'cleansed' for lack of a better term. The only thing we need to do is get a better babysitter for little "Guinea One Feather." 

No comments: