2.17.2010

 Last Fall I was asked if I would serve on K-State's Classified Senate. This is something that I had wanted to do so I jumped at the chance to serve. We serve as a governing body who advocate and lobby on behalf of the Classified employees or the support staff on campus. As a result I have been exposed to networking opportunities I know I would not have experienced otherwise. As part of this group I was asked to serve on the KSU Governmental Issues Committee which is a larger campus wide group comprised largely by student Senate and faculty Senate as well.





In January the Governmental Issues committee went to Topeka and presented each legislator who is a KSU alum with a hand painted limestone desk name plate and a certificate. This was simply a gesture of appreciation for supporting the University and we did not go with any other message which pleasantly surprised most of them. As we were speaking I could tell they were waiting for the other shoe to drop but we had no ulterior motive. The result was actually some fun casual conversation which mostly consisted of "Hey! Did you see that game last night? Now we just have to beat KU!" because we went the day after the big K-State/Texas game. I did a lot of smiling and nodding, "Yes, it was a good game. Yep, sure was. No, I didn't get to watch it in person..."  while thinking, "nor would I want to but I'm not going to let anyone HERE know that!" Overall I think I did an excellent job of biting my tongue and no one can accuse me of not being a team player. (This time).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?