2.03.2010

2009 Youth Academy

I know I am waaaay behind posting this but I did not have this picture until recently. For the past four years the City of Clay Center has sponsored a Youth Academy. Students from the middle school have to apply and if chosen they spend the day with city personnel touring the various departments and basically learning about city and county government. This was my third and final year to help so it was extra special because I got to spend the day with one of my daughters and she got to see her mom in a different role.

There are two aspects of this day that the kids seem to enjoy the most. One is crawling around on the street equipment and honking the horns. The other is putting on the fireman's gear and having races with the fire hose to see who can knock over an orange cone first.


As we are standing here she is saying, "Hey mom... this could be our Christmas card!"

No comments: