4.10.2013

No Techy Genes Here

My mom recently came for a visit and with every trip she had a gadget issue. This time it was understanding Facebook and how to block certain things. She also told Gen that her bowling app on her ipod was gone and she didn't know how she would get it back. My cousin had put it on there for her while she was in Tennessee visiting her last fall. 

Gen: Grandma,  you probably just need to download it again.
Mom: How do I do that? Do I have to go back to McDonald's?
Me: Why would you need to go to McDonald's?
Mom: To get the wifi.
(Gen snickering)
Me: Mom, we have wifi here.
Mom: You do? Do I?
(Gen still snickering)
Me: Yes....
Me: Wait, was it a McDonald's in Tennessee?
Mom: Yes it was!
Me (laughing): Then yes! You have to go back to THAT McDonald's in Tennessee.

Later Gen asked, "Mom, are you going to be like grandma someday and forget how to do stuff?"

As much as I hate it, yeah...probably.  Sorry kid. Then she and her daughter can laugh at me. That will be SO fun...

No comments: