8.19.2012

Behold, the power of the pallet!

I occasionally browse Pinterest because people pin some pretty cool ideas on there. A prime example is all the stuff you create from a simple pallet. The next room in the house I want to tackle is the office. Daniel teleworks often and I'd like for him to have a space that is comfortable and motivating. The first thing we needed was a bigger work surface so I thought, "wouldn't it be cool to make a pallet desk?" If I remember correctly he simply chuckled and walked away shaking his head. However disgruntle, I was so happy the afternoon he slammed on the breaks and yelled "Pallet!" when we found this beauty along the side of K-10.
Our creation was going to require two pallets. Luckily my bro-in-law has a local store and he offered to let us come rummage through what he had.
After a little sanding and a clear coat this is the finished product. The only thing missing is a sheet of glass for the top. As you can see, Daniel did all the work; I was the one cheering him on and of course, snapping the pictures.

No comments: