4.11.2012

Hoppy Easter!

My birthday happen to fall on Easter Sunday this year which was kinda cool because that meant I got to spend it with all of my family and Daniel. He had just gotten back from a week out in Western Kansas and I will admit I would have been severely pissed off if he hadn’t made it back. That’s all I really wanted anyway. Mom came down on Friday and we spent Saturday toodling around town with no particular agenda. We hit a flea market, a couple greenhouses, and some other stores before heading back home to rest. By Saturday evening I was in dire need of a drink and I think Daniel could sense that. We took mom to one of our favorite breweries and after a barrage of questions during dinner Dan gave her the breakdown of brewing 101.  

We had Easter dinner at my sister’s house since she is the Easter Bonnie. She and I have a reoccurring deal: she provides the space, I provide the food. This year I had fun making some little extra’s that I typically wouldn’t bother with such as deviled eggs. Since normal eggs are sooo boring I mixed it up a little. I made martini deviled eggs that had minced bleu cheese stuffed green olives mixed in. The overwhelming hit however was my bacon ranch deviled eggs. Sooo yummy and this is from someone who has never been a big fan.

I also had fun making this guy. 
When I walked in with it my bro-in-law said, “Oh, is that a turtle?” Yes. Yes it is because an Easter turtle is EXACTLY what we all expect each year to hide our Easter eggs. (In his defense he was looking at it upside down so I will cut him a little slack).

No comments: