1.05.2012

The holidays are over, the tree is packed away, the ornaments and garland are stored for another year and the house is back to boring. *sigh* No, seriously I couldn’t be happier. I had more guests than usual over New Year’s so that was cool. A girlfriend I hadn’t seen in nearly two years out of the blue sent me a text requesting a play date/sleepover. We spent the evening catching up over dinner at the Oread, then The Eldridge for martinis, followed by The Barrel House for some dueling pianos. This was the second year that I’ve spent New Year’s Eve, Eve at The Eldridge drinking martinis.  Hmmm, a new tradition? I think so! 

I cooked like crazy New Year’s Eve day getting everything ready for the next day. I knew if I woke up with a headache the last thing I would want to do is cook. My friends from Pittsburg came in just like they always do and our venue this year was a house party complete with a dance floor, DJ, and oh yes, a shiny chrome stripper pole!  The people in this town never cease to shock the hell out of me and yes, if you’re wondering I gave it a twirl. How could you not? The only difference is I was smart enough to not allow myself to be photographed (unlike some people).
Good-bye 2011, you weren’t a bad companion but I’m anticipating 2012 to be a tad more exciting.  It better be; it signifies the end of the Mayan calendar so this may be the last year we all get.  I personally think they just got tired and went off to invent something else. Who could blame them?

So with that, Happy New Year everyone. Make the most of it!

No comments: