3.03.2011

A few weeks ago I went a tad bit crazy and bought four pairs of shoes in one afternoon. My girls are not phased by the words, "Mommy's had a hard day. I need shoes" however in my defense this time I got in on a killer sale! So this morning it was finally warm enough to break them out of the box and as I was admiring my new black wedges with the peep toe, my smartass twelve year-old says, "Hmm.. they make you look old-fashioned." What the...?  No they don't! I promptly corrected her by letting her know that I am not old-fashioned; I'm vintage! Vintage 1971 baby

A week ago Gen joined the junior high track team and practice starts Monday. I keep telling her she needs to do this and that; stop drinking caffeine, start running, etc. or she's going to be hating life next week. Of course I know absolutely nothing and she will be fine because, "I'm young mom." Okay, whatever. We will see.

Tonight after work we had planned to go for a run so Dan, Gen, and I did just that. As Gen took off ahead of us full speed I snickered and wondered aloud where we would eventually find her lifeless body laying in the grass. She never did let up and consistently stayed a good 200 meters in front of us the entire route. Once she did stop and waited briefly on a park bench for us to catch up but that was just so she could taunt us with "slow poke" comments then off she went. She made it back to the house long before we did; no stretching, no cool down and as my calves began to cramp all I could think was how much that ticked me off. Don't get me wrong, I really do hope that next week goes well for her. I want her to love track and enjoy the experience as much as I did when I was her age.

Yep, I'm vintage alright and on the fast track to being an antique.  

No comments: