12.27.2010

"Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse." 
That's only because mama had to be taken to the ER for a migraine and was drugged outta her gourd so my sweet kiddos were keeping the noise level very low. So much for my relaxing day off to bake a couple pies, make my favorite cranberry salad, and prepare for Christmas day. I did manage to get the presents wrapped and my last minute shopping done before that tiny atomic bomb exploded in my head and proceeded to shut my body down for the day. A bigger, "Oh my God, Thank you!" goes to my sister for being my driver and babysitter for the afternoon. I'm so thankful that she isn't squeamish. (Thank you Sissy, I owe you).

Soooo, my philosophical, reminiscent Christmas Eve post that I had mentally prepared was thwarted and replaced with well,... this: Me fighting to shake my drug induced stupor to stay awake while propped up in a chair, curled up with my sister's cat while trying to watch the kids exchanged gifts on Christmas Eve not knowing if I would be able to wake up at some point later to put their gifts under the tree. (Which I did at exactly 11:50pm).  I was even coherent enough to tell Syd to get back in bed when I heard her snooping around the tree at 3:30 in the morning. You truly would have loved reading it too! Oh well, maybe next year.

No comments: