12.12.2010

Once a year I try to visit one of my favorite cities; Nashville. Nothing compares to Southern hospitality and all that good Southern food. We had plotted out the places we really wanted to go to eat because let's face it; that's the best part of getting away. However, after a few days I really couldn't wait to get back home so I would stop over indulging and feeling slightly miserable. Every morning we started our day by walking up the block to a little place on Union Street for a big country breakfast and the best Bloody Mary's in town. A huge plate of caramelized banana pancakes will zap your ambition in a heartbeat, but they were SO worth it! 
Titans vs Colts 12-9-2010
The Titan's were in town taking on the Colts for a Thursday night game and while I was cheering for the Titans, I loved watching Manning do his thing. The NFL Network pre-game show was set up right in front of our seats and the next day I was completely torked when I saw that Peyton had joined them after the game.
Opryland Hotel 2010
The Opryland Hotel this time of year is one of my favorite places and I wanted to be sure we made the effort to get over there. It just reopened in November after being damaged by the flood and it didn't look any different. It is just as breathtaking as usual. When Gentry was very little we stayed in this hotel one night for a Monday night game. After that she just assumed all "O'tels" had dancing fountains and would cry whenever we stayed somewhere else thinking we were holding out on her. A three year old just doesn't understand that The Hampton doesn't have dancing  fountains! 






No comments: