11.28.2010

Ice Skates and Cheesecake

All of the big, mature trees in the yard drew me to this house and I have said multiple times that the vines on the fence give the backyard character. So my oldest reminded me of these words as I was cussing all of the mounds of leaves that have accumulated in the planting beds and every time my rake would snag a vine and halt my progress. "Mom, remember you said; The vines give it character." Yeah, yeah...

Well after two days of cleaning out gutters, raking, blowing, and mowing up leaves, not to mention all the Tylenol and sinus meds... I decided no matter what, we were doing something fun to round out our holiday weekend. So, with thoughts of ice skating and mouth watering cheesecake in mind, we packed our winter wear and took a short little jaunt over to KC to first visit Crowne Center.
Then it was off to The Plaza for cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory. By the time we finished eating Syd and I were literally falling asleep at the table. We wondered if they would just let us sleep and wake us for brunch the next morning but the thoughts of our warm, comfy beds sounded more appealing and the tuxedo chocolate cheesecake was carefully boxed up to go.

No comments: