10.06.2010

Having a pre-teen daughter can be a real beat down sometimes. They like to constantly remind you that you are old and out of touch and how much smarter they are. It's great to have someone so enlightening around to bless my meaningless existence every day. On the flip side I am really starting to see her grow as a person and that part makes me smile. I was speechless when she came home from school and announced she had filed for student council. She made campaign posters and did the work to get the support of her teachers. This was something she was truly excited about doing; being in a leadership position and I couldn't help but wonder, "who is this kid?" Seeing as though she knows everything she should at least use that extensive knowledge to benefit her school, right? Well, although she gave it a good shot she ended up losing out to one of her new best friends and seemed okay with the outcome. Still, I thought this was a pretty brave move for a rather shy girl in a new city; in a new school without a blanket of friends as her comfort zone. I am so proud of her for having the courage and hopefully she will repeat the process next year in 8th grade.  

No comments: