9.26.2010

KC Weekend

One of the great things about living in Lawrence is that a trip to Kansas City takes about the same amount of time as it use to take me to drive to work each day. The only difference is there is so much more to see and explore in KC and I have yet to get tired of visiting the Power & Light District. I have been looking forward to this weekend for weeks and it felt so invigorating to get away if even for just a couple of days with my girl, Tanya. What was even better was being surprised by a visit from one of my other best friends.

Our weekend consisted of checking out the Renaissance Festival; something I'd been curious about and that curiosity has now been sufficiently satisfied. We did have a good time throwing axes however I discovered that no living creature will ever have to fear being hunted by me with a bow and arrow. We drank beer with the pirates, laughed at the cod pieces, and had a well endowed wench explain to the guys what a cleavage goblin was. There were some interesting characters running around there for sure. Even Captain America was sighted, obviously confused on which era he was suppose to be celebrating.

Saturday night was full of good food, yummy drinks at various spots in the District and us ending up in an Irish pub listening to a live band playing '80's music. The entire bar sang a stirring rendition of "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" and I got goosebumps when they sang my favorite song of all time, "Don't Stop Believing." The night ended much too soon with us closing down the bar and after lots of hugs and a few tears we quickly made plans for the next time we would get together. Time goes by so fast but I cherish the memories we created this weekend and can't wait for the next adventure.

No comments: