5.13.2010

I woke up yesterday morning thinking about control and it has been heavy on my brain all week. When I say control I mean the power we allow others to have over us whether we know it or not. Maybe they unknowingly cause us to act a certain way or say things we normally wouldn't say. Often times it is in the way they speak to us or even through intimidation. Regardless of the method, it is frustrating to think someone has that kind of power over us... or thinks they do. I was preaching to my daughter last weekend about a problem she was having and as I said to her, "You have to stand up for yourself because no one else will", something clicked inside me. We should not walk through life letting others make us feel less than what we are. We have to take back our control and I'm working on taking mine back now.

No comments: